Thursday 2 February 2012

Theme of the week: Doppelganger

In the vernacular, the word "doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person.

The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death.

That's the definition.  Now let's have fun with it!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great theme, Angie—and I love your writeup! Now I'm going to check "doubles / twins / mirror images" off my list of potential themes. =smile=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooer! I have been told many times I have a doppelganger but have suffered no ill effects so far (fingers crossed!) Lovely theme - I look forward to making stuff for it - with my mirror image!

    ReplyDelete