Tuesday 9 April 2013

the flexible fox


A couple of months ago a red fox (Vulpes vulpes) sauntered slowly across my suburban front lawn, as bold as brass. I've been a fan of foxes since I was a little girl, so I decided I'd do some serious research on the subject. As it turns out, the red fox is the most widely distributed carnivore on the planet. They've adapted very well to living near humans, and in fact, it's said that there are more red foxes living today than ever before.

So I thought the red fox would fit in with the green theme. I made this collage to show off its flexibility of habitat: the map strips, going from left to right, are a river/marsh area, agricultural land, a city, hills & prairie, and forest.

3 comments:

  1. I like how the fox is looking - it seems that he is watching something outside the picture. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good collage...love the information and clever way you presented it Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love foxes, too, Fi and maps, so this is right up my alley...nice job and very clever concept!

    ReplyDelete