Monday 24 November 2014

Bathsheba Had a Good Figure, But She Didn't Have a Head for Them

That's "Bathsheba with King David's Letter", 1654 by Rembrandt.  The columns of figures are from a piece of paper found in a book purchased in a "thrift or charity" shop.  The corner of a US 2 dollar bill is the real thing...I was walking my dog yesterday and I found 1/4 of a $2 bill on the ground.  We walked around for quite a while looking for the other part(s) of it but never did so I thought I would include it in this collage.

4 comments:

  1. Nice finds! Rarely find coins let alone notes on my travels - nice selection of nuts, bolts, nails, washers etc. though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the backstory about the components, CC, and the title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition, and great story about your find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the title and seeing the columns of numbers I first thought she is counting calories :)
    I like the combination of the different images in combination with the title!

    ReplyDelete