Friday 2 January 2015

Death and Birth

Thanks to Fi -- this collage had been in the works and it was finished when she selected the theme BABIES for the start of a new year of The Kollage Kit. 

Using a plate from a vintage astronomy book for Saturn in all its heavenly glory.  My friend Ernest picked up a Dover clip art book at a Buffalo, New York estate sale and I thank him for that as the images of the woman in deathly repose and the angel are from its pages.  I was recently looking through a 1961 hair salon magazine and found a full page ad for mother and child advertising Breck shampoo and pulled the illustration.  It was laying on my work table and was the PERFECT element to add to the others.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful connection between life and death Angie! I love the soft flesh color in Saturn as well as in mother and child.
    Best wishes for you ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death, life, rebirth...and so the cycle goes ever on....I love it that Saturn has polka dots, and thanks for telling us that's an angel because so little did I expect an angel to be doing a gymnastic hand stand, at first I couldn't figure out what it was. =laugh= She adds motion to the circularities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. By the way, I used to love those ads for Breck shampoo when I was a kid. They are the first magazine advertisements I remember taking an interest in for aesthetic reasons.

      Delete
  3. Lovely tones and a most complicated subject matter for this one, CC. Very masterful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The circle of life - well illustrated in your collage, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete