Thursday 17 May 2018

bananas #3 —> asemic green


From my recent archives: check out those green bananas.

I love Michelle Shocked. She's a Texan, just like me. She has a great song called "When I Grow Up" with a prominent mention of green bananas:

"When I grow up I want to be an old woman
When I grow up I want to be an old woman
Oh, an o-o-o-o-old, an old, old woman

Then I think I'm gonna find myself an old man
Then I think I'm gonna marry myself that old man
An old, an old, an old, an old, a really old man

We're gonna have a hundred and twenty babies
A hundred and five, ten, fifteen, twenty babies
Uh huh, that's what I said a hundred and twenty babies

We'll raise 'em on tiger's milk and green bananas
Mangoes and coconuts and watermelon
We're gonna give 'em that watermelon when they starts yellin' ..."

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Green bananas! I can feel my tummy gurgling at the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a banana slide of sorts. Interesting composition!

    ReplyDelete