Collaborative traditional cut and paste (scissors and glue ) collage blog with a weekly set theme.
Friday, 17 July 2026
Monochromatic Flower/Flour Study
I grabbed a magazine in my studio "The Complete Photographer" Issue 29 Volume 5 1942 which featured a section on flower photography and food photography.
LOL! I knew I could count on you ... you are so funny, love your comments. But your comment also got me to thinking about powdered wigs and I did my favorite thing GOOGLE! Here is something I did not know:
Powdered wigs, or perukes, were fashionable hairpieces popularized in the 17th and 18th centuries. Initially worn by European royalty to hide hair loss from syphilis, they became status symbols to conceal unwashed hair and deter lice. The powder, made from scented starch, fell out of style during the French Revolution
Real Flower Flour Power! Maybe not advisable to wear some flour in your hair if you are going to San Francisco....but then again.
ReplyDeleteLOL! I knew I could count on you ... you are so funny, love your comments. But your comment also got me to thinking about powdered wigs and I did my favorite thing GOOGLE! Here is something I did not know:
DeletePowdered wigs, or perukes, were fashionable hairpieces popularized in the 17th and 18th centuries. Initially worn by European royalty to hide hair loss from syphilis, they became status symbols to conceal unwashed hair and deter lice. The powder, made from scented starch, fell out of style during the French Revolution