Tuesday, 28 October 2014

try again, fail better


Angie's already seen this one: in fact, she's got it. I sent it to her early in our intermittent postcard correspondence. (By the way, thanks for the great Hallowe'en card, Ange!)

Samuel Beckett provides the title. The full quotation, I believe from Molloy, is: "Try. Fail. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." "Failing better" is a concept I often think about when I'm making collages, since I'm a retired doctor who's never had an art class.
 
I would very much like to make a new one for this theme, but my energy is flagging. Maybe Wednesday morning?

6 comments:

  1. I thought this look familiar! LOL!! It's proudly displayed in my studio, Fi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooops...I thought this LOOKED familiar!

      Delete
  2. And you are welcome (for the Halloween card).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fi I very much love your title on this collage 'try again, fail better'!
    It is indeed a good thing to keep that in mind ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors, and beautiful message, Miss Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! This is a very good message! And I love all the circles you have snipped!

    ReplyDelete