Cheers Michael. I'm always a bit of a tail-end charlie on the themes I decided on an early start this week...(I had to have a lie down later of course :D)
Ahhh London Records, perhaps Mick will stop by for some catfish...
Well, I wish I was a catfish swimming in the deep blue sea I'd have all you good looking women fishin' after me Fishin' after me, fishin' after me Oh well, oh well, oh well...
More googlin’…looks like The Stones finally got around to covering this 1950 song by Muddy Waters that they got they name from. Jimi’s cover version is a mixture of this and Catfish Blues.
Wow! That was quick Ron! Excellent start - loving the old record sleeve! The London label was very big in the 60's.
ReplyDeleteCheers Michael. I'm always a bit of a tail-end charlie on the themes I decided on an early start this week...(I had to have a lie down later of course :D)
DeleteHa ha...I am also usually down to the finish line myself but lately have more time to think and create!
DeleteAhhh London Records, perhaps Mick will stop by for some catfish...
ReplyDeleteWell, I wish I was a catfish swimming in the deep blue sea
I'd have all you good looking women fishin' after me
Fishin' after me, fishin' after me
Oh well, oh well, oh well...
Thanks Angie. I had to google those lyrics. Nice to hear some Jimi H!
DeleteWait! I thought the Stones (no longer on the London label) recorded this song on their latest album!!
Deletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2tbVRYwl-E
They call it "The Rolling Stone Blues"
DeleteMore googlin’…looks like The Stones finally got around to covering this 1950 song by Muddy Waters that they got they name from. Jimi’s cover version is a mixture of this and Catfish Blues.
DeleteI would stop there for fish, and to pet the dog!
ReplyDeleteThanks all.
ReplyDelete