Saturday, 26 September 2026

Going Down to the Farm Shop for Some Pears (and this is no exaggeration)


I am a fan of "Exaggeration or Tall Tale Postcards" popular in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. Read all about them here:

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/tall-tale-postcards/

6 comments:

  1. But the giant potato is real, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you looked at the pictures on the link. Yes, Karen, the potatoes you all grow in Idaho are THAT BIG a DEAL (and they are delicious).

      Delete
  2. H aha! Great stuff! Loving the giant things postcards! Rudi Rubberoid used to send us those - did you ever connect with him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of Rudi Rubberoid and now am looking him up! If he is still around I would love to connect with him via mail art. I have not been doing too much of that lately and should get back into it now that gardening season is coming to a close.

      Delete
  3. Pear-fect Fun! Great laughs with that link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. I should do a series of my own and I guess this one is a good start.

      Delete