Sunday 14 October 2012

Wanting The Monkey To Let Go


This is a very personal collage.  I have recently had a diagnosis of a form of non-invasive breast cancer that if left untreated would turn invasive down the road.  Since I am a 9 year survivor of an invasive cancer in the opposite breast I have scheduled to have a bi-lateral mastectomy.  I want the monkey on my back to GO AWAY!!

Monkey is an illustration from a book on primates.  The woman is a lithograph by Edvard Munch (1863-1944) entitled "Sin" 1902.

4 comments:

  1. O wow - I'm sure we all wish you well CC - life can be rather cruel at times. A difficult subject to talk about let alone make a collage about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave, brave collage, CC. Hope you defeat this bad monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo the comments above. I wish you well Angie.

    ReplyDelete