Thursday 17 April 2014

mister red has a few problems


The Illustration Friday group on ipernity has a weekly theme, too, and I just made this one for their theme of "Red." 'Couldn't resist throwing it into the pot for this week's KK theme...

The spiders, from left to right, are a goliath tarantula, a Mexican jumping spider, and a hunting spider of genus Dysdera. Mister Red is from a painting by Walter M. Baumhofer on the cover of Doc Savage magazine, 1935.

I think spiders are beautiful and interesting, but I'm rather strongly arachnophobic, so cutting out all those legs was something of an adventure!

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy...I'll say he does! In general I am not squeamish about spiders but I've gotta tell you this image really puts me off! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look of the Mexican jumping spider worries me slightly.... let's hope mister Red is spiderman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... "adventure" .... or behavioral therapy... so I have to say: Congrats, Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arachnophobes beware! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spiders give me the creeps, no lie...love your take on "red," Fi!

    ReplyDelete