Tuesday 16 November 2021

SUPERSTITIONS: A Pet on a Set is Bad Luck!

Never bring a pet on a theatrical or film set or the production will be doomed!
This still is of John Drew and Leslie Carter in "The Circle"

Note from Wikipedia:

John Drew's final Broadway play was The Circle co-starring fellow veteran star Leslie Carter and proved to be a popular comeback for the two Victorian actors. The Circle was made into a silent film in 1925 by MGM directed by Frank Borzage.
 
So, I guess having Rocky Raccoon on set wasn't so bad for this production. Whew...

 

2 comments:

  1. Who knew? Pets can be lucky too - black cats, lucky rabbits and their feet, that Newfoundland dog that saves you withthe barrel of brandy round his neck! Not sure how racoons fit into all this but it's given us food for thought! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose a raccoon because it looked nice with Leslie Carter's skirt pattern...I think some people probably have pet raccoons? I know there are pet otters (I watch YouTube videos of some otter keepers in Japan and they are awfully cute, but in your house?? On the kitchen table?? I also have watched videos of pet squirrels. I think that's NUTS! (Much as I really like to feed and watch squirrels outdoors!)

      Delete