Wednesday 22 March 2023

THEME: Create a "room setting"

I usually use existing backgrounds when creating a collage. But the idea came into my head that I should start to create my own version of a room from my stash of pre-cut images and books on hand. I've had fun making some during my Covid quarantine (which is thankfully over at this point).

To illustrate what I mean, I created one room by using a portion of an image of an Oriental carpet, some "scrapbooking paper" as wall paper and then I created a baseboard. To this image I added an image of a Victorian tri-fold screen and stuck in a couple of other things. I am posting it herewith so you get the picture!

Have fun!!



8 comments:

  1. Nice theme Angie. Always fun to assemble interiors from cuttings and odd scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. Glad you like it. I can't wait to make more myself!

      Delete
  2. good theme...but it really challenged me.....which isn't a bad thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A challenge is always good for the grey matter! You don't know how many times I have struggled and posted a piece just under the wire!

      Delete
  3. love this...so simple but works so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, this one was done during one of my Covid "achy" days! Took my mind off it.

      Delete
  4. p.s i can only comment on my Laptop...which is going VERY slow these days....so apologies to everyone for my silence.... (this took 10 minutes)

    ReplyDelete