Saturday 13 May 2017

background pattern: william morris


No, I don't know where the alien face (mask?) came from. It was in a rack of postcards with no info on the backs. I liked it so much I bought several. (Bad habit, that.)

But this isn't about the foreground. This series is about my sharing with you some of my supplies—in this case, patterns for backgrounds. I adore William Morris patterns: they make anything in the foreground look fine, even a weirdo insectoid clay face. This blue-and-white floral pattern came from a book titled William Morris: Giftwraps by Artists.

P.S. I should've made this collage for the theme of "Repetition." That was a great theme. I'm sorry I missed out on it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, as they say no time like the present! This IS perfect for the REPETITION theme.

    So glad you scored a copy of the book Swatches. You will have a lot of inspiration from it. I believe the first thing I ever mailed to you (a condolence card on the passing of your cat) was made from a page of this book. As I recall it was a face coming out of a piece of fabric?

    ReplyDelete