Friday 4 December 2020

ALTERNATE MOVIE POSTER: "The Iron Petticoat"


 Captain Vinka Kovelenko (Katharine Hepburn), of the Russian Air Force, angered at being passed over for military awards, flies a MIG to an American base in Germany. Flier Chuck Lockwood (Bob Hope) is assigned to convert her to democracy but she tries, simultaneously, to show him the advantages of communism. They go to London where she succumbs to the fleshpots of capitalism and soon abandons her uniform for frilly feminine things, drinks champagne and vodka, and ends up falling in love. Alerted to the situation, the Russian Embassy arranges to have her kidnapped and take her back to Moscow.

That is Kovelenko from the movie! The Bob Hope I found was holding an academy award, but I switched it out to a bottle of vodka.

5 comments:

  1. Nice bit of snipping! Not a film Ive ever seen. Amazing how many old B&W films are available on YouTube - maybe this one is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I never have either! I have a great book that I use for collages like this and I have probably only seen a fraction of the movies contained within the pages. I found the Official trailer for The Iron Petticoat, looks good:

      www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHZDx6b0PLM

      Delete
  2. Cool cold-war collage Angie.
    A film curio from the '50s, looks interesting with the fiery combo of Bob & Kate. On googling, I see it starred Sid James who seemed to appear in every British film of that era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron. I already have another Alternate Movie Title laid out on my work table...just need a couple more pieces. I really like this theme! See above YouTube link for "The Iron Petticoat".

      Delete
    2. Cheers Angie. Fine madcap trailer. :D

      Delete