Tuesday 6 August 2024

STAYCATION DESTINATION -- The Art Institute of Chicago


I am lucky to live in the city that includes The Art Institute of Chicago. Pictured above is "The Waterfall" 1910 by Henri Rousseau (1849-1910). This painting is in collection of the Art Institute.

Rousseau never set foot outside of France.  "The Waterfall" is one of his large scale imagined jungle scenes for which he gained renown. 

I have never been to a jungle. But I will don my sunhat and visit the A.I. and sit for a spell under this masterpiece and imagine I am in that jungle.

2 comments:

  1. Great collage and beautiful story! In our imagination we can travel everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! (By the way the woman in the collage is from a very vintage MARIE-CLAIRE magazine from the 1940s.)

      Delete