Tuesday 25 November 2014

'shrooms party like it's 1967


It's been a difficult week for me, y'all, so I didn't have a chance to make a collage specifically for this theme. But I did make a collage for another theme: mushrooms! So I'm sneakin' this one in on the grounds that there's a number in the title and that there's a 3 to the left of the naked bottom in the upper left. And there are probably other numbers scattered through: they're just impossible to read.

The story behind this is that the other species of mushrooms were envious of Psilocybe getting to have all the fun of being the psychedelic mushroom, so they decided to have a big San-Francisco-in-1967 party and wear all their best psychedelic duds. The morels weren't invited, but they crashed the party anyway.

All the psychedelic art is from posters for Bill Graham's Fillmore Auditorium, circa 1967.

6 comments:

  1. Love it, Fi! I'm old enough to have actually wandered into the Fillmore a time or two in my misspent youth, so this is near and dear to my psychedelic heart. (BTW, we never invited the morels, either...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive execution using the actual posters. I think I'm tripping down [3-(2-Dimethylaminoethyl)-1H-indol-4-yl] dihydrogen phosphate Memory Lane...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Oops, I was blithering when I said "actual." I meant reproductions of the posters, from a big book I have called The Art of Rock. Great chemistry in your comment, Angie! =grin=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...I knew what you meant. As an antique dealer I would have been crying as I wrote my comment. ; )

      Delete
  4. Very psychodelic, Fi - what I love! And it fits to the theme- there are a hugh number of different mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete