Wednesday 12 February 2014

mr. cool chimera


This one's from my recent archives. The French sentence, "Parfois le rire de Dada fait pousser une chimère," means "Sometimes Dada's laugh makes a chimera grow." (A chimera is a mythical beast composed of three different creatures.) Foot is that of a Rüppell's vulture (Gyps rueppellii), resident of the African plains. Middle section is the stinky part of a wild arum (Arum maculatum), related to the famous giant corpse flower. The human (Homo sapiens) is from a 1950s ad by Clipper Craft men's clothes for their "Mr. Cool" suit. Speech bubble is from Haunted comics.

8 comments:

  1. Love this one Fi, reminds me also of an 'exquisite corpse'. The combinations and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Fi! And I love how I always learn something new and interesting with all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A modern day chimera. I love the Dada quote. Excellent collage Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fi, you really outdid yourself with this one. Freakily great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks , y'all! That' s not a Dada quote, actually—just someting I made up...=smile=

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you did it in French, aussi....quite a complicated mind you have there, Miss Fi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =laugh= Rather overly complicated, if you ask me....

      Delete