Tuesday 23 April 2013

#3

It's called #3 because this is only my third attempt at a "shadow box" assemblage.  One other was created for my niece and another some time ago for a friend.

8 x 8 inch frame with glass is from Michael's Arts & Crafts.

Background is an endpaper from an Encyclopedia Britannica.

All of the following elements were attached to the endpaper using double-sided 1/4 inch foam tape, allowing the images to float above the paper:

I have had the lovely antique parakeet & rose scrap in my "to use" box for years.

The Wills's Cigarette Card features singer & actress Eve Becke.  Born 1906 as Agnes Winifred Whaler in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, England.  She died 2001 in London.

The image of the big-bottom lady is from a Taschen book of Nudes.

Lastly to tie it all together a wooden game piece -- much like a Scrabble tile -- #3.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Angie: The elements work beautifully against that background. And I love the way you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this works quite nicely, CC, and special kudos to the big-bottom lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some intriguing elements here which all fit together surprisingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the pieces works well together! Nice one, CC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I had fun doing it. I've started another, but don't know if I will finish in time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post it anyway, we always love to see your work. I was THINKING about another one, but I don't suppose I'll get any credit for that...

      Delete