Wednesday 17 October 2018

Homecoming 2

Confession time – this is not a cut-and-paste job, but a rip-and-tear-down, from a billboard that was falling apart (it's since been taken down and replaced by a shiny metal one) down the hill from us, and the skew-wiff angle it's all at wasn't strictly intentional either, just the random way I scanned it in, intending to assemble the different pieces together afterwards, but after seeing what it came out like, I decided to keep as is...
But it says Home to me, even though I've never shared any living-space with a canine pal, and so I thought I'd post this as my second collage this week, just in case I never get to do anything more with it! The rips and tears, exposing older posters underneath, seem to signify memories to me, and their faded/changing nature over time, so yes, here it is anyway :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice find - who doesn't like ripped posters ! Saw some great ones in Berlin last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're great aren't they - I'm always tempted by those ancient ones that keep getting uncovered on the Underground, but they're always out of reach on the other side of the tube track!

      Delete
  2. Hi Steve! I think this came out perfectly. And dogs are always waiting waiting waiting for you to come home, that's for sure. I once read something interesting about a dog knowing when their master was near the house. Cameras have revealed restlessness and anticipation when a person was just about home...and I am not talking about a set time...studies were done randomly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've heard about that too, like they have a telepathic connection with their owners, amazing... so much we don't fully understand about them yet!

      Delete
  3. Great work Steve - I agree ripped posters and billboards are fascinating random creations...not like their electronic counterparts.. :(

    ReplyDelete