Thursday 11 March 2021

LUMINESCENCE: Once A Month Winema Had the Power to Walk on Water


 I started to look through my archives and I think this may qualify. (I tend to make a collage with a minimal amount of pieces.)

A bit of background -- the woman is Vanda Hoff, who was a Ziegfeld Follies girl.I juxtaposed her against the Tongass Narrows in the northern waters of the Alaskan Panhandle.  

(Little did Vanda know she would walk on water some day!)

Note:  The name Winema is Cherokee for "white bird standing in water".

4 comments:

  1. Lovely collage! And reading the note makes it even better. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I sometimes keep notes about certain pieces.

      Delete
  2. The light fantastic! Great image Angie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron. One of my favorite all time collages (I now have nearly 600!)

      Delete