Monday 9 May 2016

In Memorium

When I picked this week's theme "PETS" I had no idea that on that very day I was going to have to say goodbye to my beloved dog "Harvey" the cockapoo (or Spoodle as they are known in the UK).  Harvey entered my life 9 years ago when he was 2 years old. I was his daytime dog-sitter and eventually adopted him full time although he actively remained in the life and heart of his former owner and we thought of ourselves as a pack.  Harvey turned 11 on March 24th. On April 9th he exhibited catastrophic symptoms of some sort of poisoning? The vets were never clear. But we nursed him back to what we thought was health. On May 5th he became quite ill again and was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma -- ruptured spleen and subsequent discovery of many metastatic liver lesions.  GOODBYE MY DEAR LITTLE FRIEND. I BELIEVE WE WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN.

Yes, that is me at around age 5.

For a gallery of photographs of my Harvey go here:

www.flickr.com/photos/angienaron/albums/72157622979851187

8 comments:

  1. What a sad story, Angie- Harvey was a cutie - I saw his photos on your flickr account. I think it´s a great lost! I´m sorry!
    The collage is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabine for taking the time to look at all of Harvey's photos. He was a special little guy.

      Delete
  2. Lovely collage for a sad tale - sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tribute Angie. Sorry to hear about Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an coincidence Angie! So sorry to hear your sad story and I remember your pictures on flickr. It's a wonderful tribute (like Ron said) and what a lovely girl you were!
    I think you cherish some good memories of Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sympathy and for the compliment. Yes, I certainly will never forget our daily routines and fun times. That will keep him alive.

      Delete