Monday 28 January 2019

What's Bin Did...

I decided the most chaotic, but orderly, way I could make a collage, was to burn an old one!
So I glued my 'Denizen of the Deep' collage, from my second week on Kollage Kit – because despite it being made some months ago, it had never dried...
So I guessed that it must've been so saturated with spray varnish, and also that it was a fire hazard.

I was not wrong!
One tiny match, some glowing bits that looked like they were about to be blown out by the January wind, and then the whole thing went up so fast, big flames and all...

So the only thing left of it was a pyramid shaped bit of background, and the charred remains of Frieda Kahlo's brooch, and some of the cardboard envelope I'd glued it to, including its address sticker etc.

Took it back inside, started cutting it up, but there was a big burned hole, so I stuck Donovan over it. The Donovan pic was the nearest thing to where I was piecing it all together, so that was quite random too.

6 comments:

  1. OMG WHAT A STORY. The lengths you went to to make this very cryptic and interesting looking piece of art! (BTW I love Donovan.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie - Yes it's funny, it took longer to type out the story than to burn the collage! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Steve, I dig the burntness !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael, I dig the reference-ness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the burned part very much, especially the way the blue triangle pops out. And I don't ever remember a photo of Donovan that showed off so well what a lovely man he was in his youth... Thanks for the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fi, yes Donovan was a good looking lad, wasn't he! I liked the photo of him because he looks like he's contemplating/reflecting on exactly what's been did and hid, something quite sad about his expression that went with the looming burnt shapes.

      Delete