Friday 19 February 2016

this is what we were going through


This one dates from September 2012, when my husband and I were going through a huge crisis related to his getting laid off from a government (NASA) job we thought was secure. I wanted to express what the crisis felt like. 

Here's the text from the original posting: "Cut-paper collage. Dark blue globe with dangling man (and woman higher inside) is from the Hell panel of Hieronymus Bosch's 'Garden of Earthly Delights' (c. 1500). Pond is clip art. Other images from junk mail.

My husband and I are going through a particularly Kafkaesque process these days, one involving a huge bureaucracy. What's at stake? Our whole future.

But you know what? This collage feels to me like a summation, as if I can turn a corner and be more hopeful. The moon is waxing.... "

5 comments:

  1. This collage is in my top favorite ones of your collection Fi., it has so much expressiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I remember all this. I was hoping it was all behind you. Wishing all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS all behind us, dear Angie! That's why I changed the title to past tense, and put the description of the crisis in quotes! =smile=

      Delete
  3. Your collage reflects your described feelings - wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sabine! Don't worry: that was all back in 2012, not now.

      Delete