Monday 1 February 2016

Abstract #3

This is only the 3rd abstract collage I have ever created.  Pasted to a book cover are two vertical strips of brown construction paper, an ink inscription on an endpaper from a vintage book about Chilie, and bits of two different deconstructed abstract paintings.  I have acknowledged the artist of the main work I tore up and his name appears on the bottom (both left and right) of the collage "Theodoros Stamos".  Though it appears random, abstract collages take me a long time to formulate.  My figural collages come to me much easier.

9 comments:

  1. Nice image Angie. I, too find abstracts a challenge, I'd like to study abstract art a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. I am seeing that this is just not my problem! Makes me feel better.

      Delete
  2. Well I'm glad you've been in this challenge with me on these abstracts! I really appreciate that! I think we all look with a different eye now when we see abstracts in the future ;))
    And you did a great job with this one Angie, I love the yellowish green color and the overall composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. Your theme has certainly helped us all use our brains more! ; )

      Delete
  3. Excellent abstract, CC, and here's a third voice for the difficulty of abstract compositions! I wonder why that is.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Maybe we are overthinking it? Or maybe we have a problem thinking abstractly? I don't know.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Works very well - great colours!

    ReplyDelete