Thursday 18 February 2016

Theme of the week: 'Hieronymus Bosch'

So here's another celebration; it's been 500 years ago that Joenen van Aken a.k.a. Jeroen Bosch a.k.a. Hieronymus Bosch, died (1516); therefore this is the "Bosch" year in Holland.

Here's a link in which you can wander around in one of his paintings:
Jheronimus Bosch - the Garden of Earthly Delights

and another one to discover some more:
Discover Hieronymus Bosch in ’s-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch)

and you can find several (long) documentaries on the man at you tube.

So collage your own 'garden of delight' or 'ship of fools' or create creatures we've never seen before or anything else that triggers your fantasy...., be inspired by "Jheronimus".

7 comments:

  1. Love Bosch, steal from him all the time! A local collage friend of mine is heading off to Europe and will be making a train detour just to see the wonderful exhibit at the Noordbrabants Museum in 's-Hertogenbosch...I'm so jealous...any of you European snippers going to see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I do! First Sunday in March! If you like just join us - you are invited!

      Delete
    2. Did you buy your tickets already Sabine? I know it's so very, very busy over there!

      Delete
    3. Ups!!!!! Thanks for the info, Josephine!

      Delete
  2. TOO GOOD, Josephine - and what a wonderful coincidence: Today in teh morning I was wandering around in exactly this "Garden of Earthly delights"-lin you gave us and started to prepar an article for my blog! And tonight a check out our new theme and found this! GEORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am going to confess...I am a novice re: Bosch. Spent some time examining the links you supplied, Josephine. Wonderful stuff. Also found a nice detail from "Garden of Earthly Delights" in an art book I have cut up from time to time. I just spent a couple of hours cutting and placing and finally paste was applied. I am posting my "Homage to Bosch" now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you all like the theme!

    ReplyDelete