Thursday 2 August 2018

Shopping

Just a quick one with bits from my shopping bag to start off with. I meant to pick more stuff up on my travels round town but forgot all about it! Luckily I kept some receipts from charity shop, grocers, supermarket etc. Bought three DVD's for £1 - Zombieland, Hyde Park On Hudson and another who's name escapes me. Met up with Hazel who likes to go round the town on her own ( dress shops etc. ) after an hour or so and we went in the Sainsburys to get a few bits. We are both on diets after coming back from France vastly overweight after eating too much French cheese, baguettes, pastisseries etc. We are on the low carb diet of sorts - so no potatoes or bread or pasta. All the things we love so it will be difficult! Anyway, so thats what we did and here's my poor collage which doesnt really tell you much. Not sure what Walt Disney is doing in it but refers I suppose to the lady ( or maybe a man? ) dressed up as Mickey Mouse in the High Street, giving away balloons ( donations to charity greatly received ).

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Never thought about picking up this and that as the day goes on and then putting it all together. Reminds me of that brilliant collage artist, John Evans, who I first learned about on this very blog! I purchased a book of his work and am now browsing the delightful creations. I don't need to take to the streets to find interesting pieces. My studio is filled with them. What fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, John was a master of this. New York was obviously an ideal place to find stuff. The streets of Northwich are relatively clean so quite tricky to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know, that you are not on "Zero Zero"-diet. Yes, French food is fantastic - and full of calories - like Italian food, too. I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. Good luck and much success!
    And - BTW - i like your diary collage - and for me it tells a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. Reminds me of a D.I.Y. publication front cover. Zero Zero One would have been a great title for a 1977 Punk Zine.....Zombieland's a great film BTW.

    ReplyDelete